Friday, August 8, 2008

Kiely on "I Know What Boys Like Track"

Kiely Williams lets us know as much as she loves her fellow Cheetah Girls -- and as much as she enjoyed working with the actresses in Anna Faris's forthcoming "House Bunny" comedy set in a sorority house -- she's ready for some co-ed performing gigs. "I'd love to work with boys, 'cause I'm single, and that seems to be a good way to meet someone," notes the 22-year-old singer/rapper/dancer/actress. She also notes, "I honestly didn't go into 'House Bunny' with the Girl Power things from The Cheetah Girls. I just loved the script."

Cheetah Girls Star Kiely Williams Would Like To Mix It Up With Boys (Image: Wenn)


Williams plays a college girl who is "very quiet, a bit of a brainiac -- who's mute for the first half of the movie," in the "Bunny" flick that has Faris as a Playboy Bunny who winds up mentoring a group of less-than-popular, less-than-glamorous girls.

***

"It was kind of difficult for me because I'm very talkative. I had to express myself with facial expressions and actions," says Kiely. As far as the day-to-day work, "It was an all-girl movie, so there were a lot of feelings and emotions."

"House Bunny" opens Aug. 22 -- the same day that the Cheetah's highly anticipated "One World" Disney Channel Original Movie debuts. "I'm going to be going straight from the movie theater home that Friday night to watch 'One World,'" Kiely says with a laugh.

***

Besides their exotic foray into Bollywood production in India, Kiely and fellow Cheetah Girls Adrienne Bailon and Sabrina Bryan "got to contribute to the soundtrack. We were involved in the writing process. We're really proud of it," she adds.

The group's already busy planning their fall tour. Kiely is also heard rapping on the "House Bunny" single "I Know What Boys Like" with cast mate Katharine McPhee. "This summer is pretty packed up with work. But that's OK," she says. "We like work."

0 comments: